Sylvania Canoe x Backpack Flip Flop Trip (Trop) ((It rhymes))
Friday, Oct 13, 2017 - 10:00 am through Sunday, Oct 15, 2017 - 8:00 pm
** If you have a personal vehicle you are willing to drive, contact us, and you will get priority sign up. Personal vehicles will significantly drop the trip cost.
Sylvania Wilderness COMBO Trip!
You! And fellow Hoofer members and lovers of the outdoors! 16 people total.
Sylvania Wilderness, in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Canoe Lake Lesson
Friday October, 13th
- Depart Memorial Union around 10am (meet around 9:30), carrying 4 canoes with the Hoofers trailer!
- Arrive in Sylvania; split into groups, travel
- Canoers: ¾ mile paddle, Cedar 1/Cedar 2 campsites
- Backpackers: 1 mile hike, Wolf campsite
Saturday October 14th
- Travel and meet up
- Canoers: 3.5 mile paddle w/ 0.3 mile (100 rods) portage, Osprey 1/Osprey 2 campsites,
- Backpackers: 4 mile hike, Mallard 1/Mallard 2 campsites
Sunday October 15th
- KEY SWAP
- Canoers meet Backpackers in Mallard 1/Mallard 2 campsites
- Travel back to cars, flip-flopped roles
- Now Canoers: 4.5 mile paddle w/ 0.3 mile (100 rods) portage out
- Now Backpackers: 5 mile hike out
- Drive back to Madison
How to Sign Up:
Sign up and you will be added to the waitlist. Pay the $60 trip deposit. To pay, please give your payment to Jacob Ng via Venmo (@Jacob-Ng-1). When I receive payment, I'll move you from the waitlist to the trip roster.
If you're interested in the trip, please fill out this survey