Door County Camping!
Thursday, Apr 20, 2023 - 4:00 pm through Sunday, Apr 23, 2023 - 5:00 pm
We will be taking a long weekend trip to Newport State Park in Door County! If you are looking for a weekend full of stargazing, hiking, and camping this is the trip for you!
The general plan is to meet at Memorial Union at 4 on Thursday, pack up cars and head to the park. Friday we will hang out at the park, hike, play games, etc. There will be an option to head to Peninsula State Park in the afternoon. Saturday we will take the ferry to Washington Island! There are beaches, museums, and even a Norwegian Church we can check out while we are there! This park is a designated dark sky park so at night we will be doing plenty of star gazing. On Sunday we will pack up and head to Cave Point county park for some more hiking! We will arrive back to Memorial Union around 5pm on Sunday.
There will be a car that leaves Friday afternoon and one that leaves early Sunday if this fits your schedule better!
The cost will be $60 and includes the campsite, food, gas and state park passes. If you choose to go to Washington Island it will be an additional $20.
Hope to see you all there!
- Event Type
- Trip (off-site, ratings may be achieved)
- Accommodation Information
- Group campsite at Newport State Park.
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- Driving or Travel Details
- Meet at memorial union at 4 on April 20, pack cars and leave by 5. Arrive at campsite around 9:30. On Sunday, drive down to Cave Point campsite for lunch, leave by 1pm and get back to memorial union by 5. One group will leave on Friday and another car will leave early on Sunday and skip Cave Point.
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- Food and Equipment Information
- Trip Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- Cancelations will be refunded if someone takes your spot.
- Trip Purpose/Goals
- Meet new friends, see some stars and have a great weekend!