Kegonsa Sea Kayaking Weekend!
Saturday, Jul 9, 2022 - 7:30 am through Sunday, Jul 10, 2022 - 7:00 pm
Here's your chance to experience all 4 lakes of Madison and camp out of a sea kayak! Starting at the Union on Saturday morning, we'll load up our boats with camping gear and follow the course of the Yahara River for 17 miles (a full day of paddling!), passing through lakes Mendota, Monona, Wabesa, and Kegonsa. We'll pull ashore at Lake Kegonsa State Park and hike a short distance inland to our campsites. On Sunday, we'll return the way we came! We will plan to meet at the boathouse at 7:30am on Saturday and hope to be back around 7pm Sunday night.
The cost of the trip is $20. This covers food and campsite fees.
The SK1 rating and a Standard Swim Test are required to participate. If you do not have these ratings, sign up for the waitlist and we will have more SK1 lessons available on the calendar soon!
- Event Type
- Trip (off-site, ratings may be achieved)
- Accommodation Information
- We will be staying in shared tents at Kegonsa State Park campsite #21 2405 Door Creek Road, Stoughton, Wisconsin, 53589
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- Driving or Travel Details
- We will be kayaking directly from Memorial Union!
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- Food and Equipment Information
- Saturday dinner, Sunday breakfast, and Sunday lunch are included in the trip fee. Bring your own lunch on Saturday. A gear list will be provided to participants.
- Trip Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- This event is contingent on quietwater conditions. If weather makes the lake too dangerous for our group's level of experience we will email all participants to notify of cancellation, and if we are unable to reschedule we will provide information on how to get a refund. If you can no longer make the trip, please email the leaders as soon as possible. You will only be eligible for a refund if someone else pays for your spot.
- Trip Purpose/Goals