Shredding Quarry Ridge
Thursday, Oct 10, 2019 (2:30 pm - 6:00 pm)
I will be leading a beginner mountain biking trip to Quarry Ridge this Thursday. Quarry Ridge is about 5 miles away, and it usually takes about 30 minutes to get there on a mountain bike. All skill levels welcome, and Hoofers has helmets and some dope mountain bikes making this the perfect opportunity to try out the sport!
Quarry Ridge is an actual trail system, meaning it has a variety of singletrack trails ranging from beginner to expert, so the ability to ride a bike comfortably is a must, with basic skills like shifting, braking, and riding over and off small curbs. In addition to basic riding ability, you should be feel comfortable in your ability to bike up to 15 miles in a 4 hour period. If you have these skills, you have what it takes to go on your first mountain biking trip!
What you should bring:
- At least 1.5L of water (aka 2 water bottles)
- Snacks (for some extra calories on the ride)
- Something to carry these items!
- A couple dollars for Gyros
- If you have your own bike, let me know so I can open the trip to more participants
- Meet at the boathouse at 2:30PM (right next to the Mendota Lounge where we have our weekly meetings)
- Plan to head out by 2:45PM
- Shred trails for 2 hours
- Stop at Zuzu cafe for $2.99 Gyros (worth it, vegetarian option available)
- Return by 6:00PM
If you have any questions, please reach out to me!
PS!!: If the trip is full but you want to go, sign up on the waiting list! People drop last minute all the time, and if you're on the waiting list I'll be sure to reach out to you to see if you still want to go.
- Event Type