HOC year end olympics!!
Sunday, Apr 28, 2019 (1:00 pm - 4:00 pm)
Our final social event of the year will require you and your fellow hoofers to put your outdoor skills to the test in the Hoofer Outing Club Spring Olympics. You will make teams of four and compete in a series of five different events, all of which will take place out at picnic point. Teams will progress through the events in a relay style, requiring one team member for some events and the entrie team effort for others. The events are as follows:
1. Biking: loop from base of Picnic Point, around the Natatorium, and then back to the base of Picnic Point. (nominate one team member for this event)
2. Camp set up: members are required to pitch a tent, blow up 2 thermarests, hang a hamock, and get your stove water boiling.
3. Backpacking relay: the course has 4 stops, each with more gear that team members must add.
4. Paddling event- details TBD
5. Nalgene chug (nominate one team member to chug a nalgene bottle of water. You can never be too hydrated in the out doors!)
Please create a team name and fill in your team members on the the spread sheet linked below. Also, please ensure that all of your team members are signed up on the HOC events calander.
Awards will be given to the team who progesses through the relay course the most efficently.
Let the games begin!!!
- Event Type
- Social Event